Comprilan is a short stretch compression bandage made from 100% cotton and is specifically designed for the management of venous leg ulcers, lymphedema and edema.
Comprilan® short stretch bandage, works on the principle of applying a low amount of pressure when the muscle is resting / not active. When the muscle is active, such as the calf muscle when walking, the short stretch bandage applies resistance to the muscle, also known as working pressure.
The resistance or working pressure applied by a Comprilan short stretch bandage occurs because of the bandages limited stretch characteristic. Comprilan can only stretch to 90% or less than 1 times its length. This is the opposite of a high stretch bandage which can stretch up to 3 times its length when extended. The short stretch characteristic allows for Comprilan to be worn during rest and activities.
Unlike long stretch bandages, Comprilan provides both compression and high resistance to stretch to increase venous and lymphatic return.
- Venous ulcers
- Venous insufficiency
- Post sclerotheraphy
Features and Benefits:
- Interlocking weave provides short stretch to ensure consistent compression
- Anatomically conforming allowing freedom of movement
- Provides high working pressure and low resting pressure
- Easy-care and durable, Comprilan can be washed and reused
- 100%cotton, cool and light, the open weave fabric allows the skin to breathe